Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Scratching the Surface

I have to admit, this is pretty darn cool, and can be seen here. Imagine the possibilities of Microsoft Surface...it could replace black/whiteboards at schools, we could have GUI's on our bathroom walls, we could have a cool ambiance glowing from a coffee table during a party. Forget coloring books or sketchpads for our children, tell them to go play on the Surface!

Yet I wonder how durable it is. Can I put food on it? A glass of ice-cold water without a coaster or worry of condensation ruining my latest purchase? How easily is it scratched? Would a simple bump break it?

I'll give it about a decade, perhaps less, to catch on and grow in popularity. Chances are that Mac will come out with a better product soon. As with all new products, it will take a while to work out all of the bugs and kinks.

3 comments:

TC said...

How did you find this? That was pretty bloody cool.

When do you think we'll see it at the consumer level? 5 years or something? or longer?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Cookie said...

Hey Bill! Didn't know you were on Blogger... and yet I feel like I've seen this blog linked on other blogs. Interesting.

And that Surface thing is really, REALLY cool.