Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lux Creperum

[UPDATE]

It is unfortunate that a lot of file-hosting sites do not allow direct linking, even if you place the files to be linked in the same directory. I also cannot load any .exe files (which have compiled my entire game). What I have done is gone into Flash and created a new file with EVERYTHING in it. The problem I have faced is sound. Yes, putting sound into Flash is a HUGE problem (one that I hope they have fixed in CS3). You'll know what I'm talking about when you play the BETA.

{update}
I added a preloader, which should help with the load time (at least give you something pretty to look at). You'll notice it says "NewGrounds", which is the logo from www.newgrounds.com. I am planning on uploading my game to Newgrounds and seeing if I can get any constructive criticism.

I'm also looking for an .swf compiler so I can put EVERYTHING into one .swf file, so you can see it. I might do it the old-fashioned way if I cannot find one, though I worry about the overall size of the file. If it gets above 5mgs, that might be a problem.

{update}
So if you have not read the instructions, you use the left and right arrow keys to move, press up to "levitate", and press AND HOLD space to attack. You're supposed to run to the right.



{update}
You'll notice that when you die and go to "Replay" some of the demons stick around and cannot be hit (they just stay on the screen). I have not figured out why (I'm using an attachMovieClip function, I guess they do not unload), but they should unLoad after a few seconds.

Also, the demons stay on the screen when going to the final story. Still have not figured out why that is, either, perhaps I need another unLoad function on that scene.

Further, the music from the beginning comes back from nowhere and continues to loop. That's why I love BETA testing - people to tell me what ELSE is wrong and offer some constructive feedback.

No comments: